Soul definition, soul meaning
4 letters in word "soul": L O S U.
No anagrams for soul found in this word list.
Words found within soul:
Related phrases for soul
More info about soul >
- the immaterial part of a person; the actuating cause of an individual life person: a human being; "there was too much for one person to do" deep feeling or emotion the human embodiment of something; "the soul of honor" a secular form of gospel that was a major Black musical genre in the 1960s and 1970s; "soul was politically significant during the Civil Rights movement"
- The soul, according to many religious and philosophical traditions, is a self-aware ethereal substance unique to a particular living being. In these traditions the soul is thought to incorporate the inner essence of each living being, and to be the true basis for sentience. ...
- Soul is a planned residential tower of approximately 240m height to be built at the eastern end of Cavill Mall in Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia.
- Soul Converged Communications (), trading as Soul, is an Australian telecommunications company based in Newcastle. Washington H. Soul Pattinson holds a 44.5% stake in the company. Soul's main activities revolve around telecommunications, with business and home and small business divisions. ...
- person, as in: Not a soul was in the office when I arrived this morning.
- the Second Octave of Being. It is also called the Higher Self, the Transpersonal Self, the Planetary Soul, or Atma. It is the ensouling entity of the Planetary Realm up to the Monad.
- the term is used in two senses: it indicates the ego and the spirit-body. In ancient writings man is described as a triune being: body, soul and spirit. According to this the soul is just as much an envelope, animated by the spirit, as the physical body is an envelope for the soul. ...
- The name for a type of rhythm and blues built on elements of gospel and spiritual music. Often, practitioners such as Sam Cooke maintained two careers simultaneously in soul and popular music.
- Also known as atman, higher self, antaryamin or essence, it is a center of identity based in unity consciousness. It is a flow of consciousness revealed as the basis of human identity once the illusory self is dissolved.
- When a person is in the state of awareness that "I am a Soul and not this physical body", then he/she would be in soul consciousness. In other words, the person thinks, feels, acts, behaves, compares etc. with the awareness that he or she is a soul, the master of the body. ...
- The true identity of a human being, the immortal self that surpasses death and lives on into the other world.
- is "man’s consciousness -- that which he has apprehended or developed out of Spirit. . . Soul is both conscious and subconscious" (Metaphysical Bible Dictionary, p. 628).
- The moral or spiritual part of man as related to God, considered as surviving death and liable to joy or misery in a future state
- (as in 'the soul of the organisation') the expression of integration throughout the organisation
- (spiritual) - acting within a shared experience of the world, where 'spiritual' is best understood as 'a sense of meaning and purpose, a sense of self and of that which is greater than self'
- Soul music is a combination of rhythm and blues and gospel which began in the late 1950s in the United States.
- spiritual breath; the permanent Self; the highest principle of life in the universe; in one sense Brahma, the supreme deity and soul of the universe.
- The spiritual life force or essence, carrying an individual's personality and consciousness of all actions.
- The part of man that makes him different than the animals, the part that lives forever.
- The immaterial essence, animating principle, or actuating cause of an individual life. Similar to "mind" and to "spirit," but less closely associated with the brain than either and said to be able to survive (brain) death. See also, "brain," " consciousness," "mind" and "spirit."
- Here the word is used to indicate the personal identity of a living being, its feelings, thoughts, impulses, memories, and sense of self.
- (LIHK-suh) (noun) (some things Google found for "lixa"; an uncommon term; Raia-lixa, Cação-lixa, Gata-lixa, and Linguado-lixa are common names for various fish species; user names; Quinta da Lixa, Sociedade Agrícola, Lda. ...
- in some beliefs, somebody's soul, especially that of a dead person
- 1 : the immaterial essence, animating principle, or actuating cause of an individual life 2 a : the spiritual principle embodied in human beings, all rational and spiritual beings, or the universe
- Body + Spirit (the body can be human or angelic or divine).
- Soul - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary Definition of soul from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games.www.merriam-/dictionary/soulsoul - definition of soul by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and ...soul (s l) n. 1. The animating and vital principle in humans, credited with the faculties of thought, action, and emotion and often conceived as an immaterial /soulDefinition of SoulThe spiritual, rational, and immortal part in man; that part of man which enables him to think, and which renders him a subject of moral government; -- sometimes, in distinction /words/so/soul221864.htmlSee more resultsSoul Quotes
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Soul The question of the reality of the soul and its distinction from the body is among the most important problems of philosophy, for with it is bound up the doctrine of a future /cathen/14153a.htm · Cached pageSoul | Define Soul at soul / soʊl / Show Spelled [ sohl ] Show IPA –noun 1. the principle of life, feeling, thought, and action in humans, regarded as a distinct entity separate from /browse/soul · Cached page//See more resultsDefinition of Soul
- Soul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- soul: Definition, Synonyms from n. The animating and vital principle in humans, credited with the faculties of thought, action, and emotion and often conceived as an immaterial entity. The spiritual nature /topic/soul · Cached pageSoul music - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Soul quotes Soul quotes, Soul, topic, topics, ... Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience /quotations/soul/Soul Quotes, Sayings about SoulsQuotations about the soul, from The Quote /soul.htmlQuotes on the SoulA collection of quotes on the subject of the soul. ... The soul is placed in the body like a rough diamond; and must be polished, or the lustre of it will never appear.www.notable-/s/soul_quotes.htmlSee more resultsSoulThe soul, in some religions, spiritual traditions, and philosophies, is the incorporeal or eternal part of a living being, commonly held to be separate from the body. Many philosophical and religious systems teach that humans have souls; some ...Source: FreebaseRelated Searches for soul